Re: TR Headlights

To: cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com, tr6massey@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR Headlights
From: Max Blyton <Max.Blyton@airservices.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 13:26:26 +1000
A1-type: MAIL
Alternate-recipient: prohibited
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hop-count: 2
Ua-content-id: E511ZWFQKG7EX
X400-mts-identifier: [;90814172306991/1386925@A1CBR]
   Thank you to those kind souls who replied to my query.

   I have discovered that somebody wrote a lengthy article in Nov. 1995,
   titled "Re: Headlamps, auxiliary lamps".

   Aside:  Unfortunately, I am unable to contact them directly, as the
   address header only shows the mailgroup, i.e. triumphs@autox.team.net.
   This is a real problem when writers don't include their individual
   addresses in the text.
   End of aside.

   Chris Kantarjiev, was this you?
   Are you able to email me your article at
   http://www.team.net/sol/tech/light-up.html, as I don't have Web access,
   please?  My internet address is apparently shown at your end.

   Dave Massey, good morning.
   If you think heaters are superfluous in Australia, you have not been in
   Canberra on a winter's morning!
   Yes, I am familiar with Ohm's Law.  (However, you have left out the load
   calculations for the tail lights and all the other electrical items).

   Gentlemen, what I was trawling for was practical experience, amperage
   calculations notwithstanding.  BTW, you have both overlooked the
   significant electrical load of the 110psi fuel pump for the Petrol
   Injection - around 10A (and the overdrive relay!).

   Just kidding - thank you for your interest.

   Max Blyton
   1968 TR5 PI  (original owner)
   1980 TR7
   1978 TR7 (Mazda rotary powered)