GT6 vibration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 vibration
From: ktheis@den.mmc.com (Karl Theis 1-2573)
Date: Tue, 7 May 96 09:22:22 MDT
I need some input.  I recently had my shop change out the gearbox and clutch in
my '67 GT6.  They also replaced the two u-joints in the drive shaft.  The car
now drives and shifts great, however it develops a high frequency vibration
above approximately 50mph.  This vibration is noticable but not overpowering,
and is road speed-dependent (I push in the clutch pedal and there is no change).
I called the shop and they recommended I have the wheels balanced - All I've
done so far is rotate the rear wheels to the front (no change) and did a visual
inspection (saw nothing amiss).  Any ideas?  The car is a non-OD model
 w/ a 3.89:1 diff.
Thanks,       Karl Theis