slightly bent hubs...any problem?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: slightly bent hubs...any problem?
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 19:04:52 -0400
Yesterday I pulled an axle out of my TR4's rear end (don't say it), and took
it to NAPA to have the hub pulled and new bearing and seal installed.  When I
got it back, I noticed the hub is slightly bent in three places, which
correspond precisely with the points at which I had attached the puller
before I broke down and unbolted the axle.

Yes, you read correctly... I'm guilty and I confess.  I've become a DPO.

Anyway, the damage is done and what I really want to know is whether it'll
make any difference to the driveability of the car?  The bending is very
slight but noticeable.  I'm running TR6 steel wheels on it and don't really
see why it should matter, but I'd like to know whether anyone else has
experienced this and is there any danger to me or anyone else if I put it
back together and run it with the little bend in the hub.

Any input, especially if you know what you're talking about, will be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Don "DPresentO" Marshall