We're SPOILED! (was Re: The Roadster Factory)

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: We're SPOILED! (was Re: The Roadster Factory)
From: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 15:37:29 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 8 May 1996 RWynne1494@aol.com wrote:

> This posting is to all of you who have spent so much time in recent days
> griping about The Roadster Factory.
> As far as backorders are concerned, I think that we all have to realize why
> backorders happen:  Generally the backordered parts are parts of high demand,
> and there are not many suppliers for these parts, so the parts may be
> backordered to TRF, as well as from TRF.
> I realize that we are all in a hurry for parts when we order them, at least I
> know that I am. ....  Very seldom have I ever had to wait for more
> than a month or six weeks for a part to arrive.

The fact is, parts availability for our cars is better now than it ever
was, including when they were new.  Because there are a number of
suppliers stocking large inventories of parts and striving to give us
great service, we have come to _expect_ them to have everything and be
able to get it to our doorsteps tomorrow.  Does anyone remember trying to
get parts from B(PS)L?  (I don't, but I've heard stories from old-timers
who have :-)

Just for comparison, I tried to get a factory muffler for a 1990 Ranger
last fall.  No Ford dealer in town had one, and the fastest any of them
could get it was a week.  If I needed a muffler for the '70 Spit, I feel
confident I could have it next day air (and in stainless to boot) from a
number of different sources.  I tried for months to get a steering box
for a '70 van with no luck.  I know of a number places to get a steering
rack for the '70 Spit...

We're spoiled.

My $0.02,
Mike