Re: TR6 - Floor Pan Rust (Bad or Not too Bad????)

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 - Floor Pan Rust (Bad or Not too Bad????)
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 22:40:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 01:54 PM 5/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Grace recently got caught leaving the TR6 out in a deluge the other day
>resulting in a couple of inches of water leaking onto the floors (subject of
>future post)
>
>The point being - that it was the impetus to finally go ahead and take out
>the interior; seats, carpeting and the D#$% foam that the DPO had glued under
>the carpeting.
>
>Comments ???  - Observations???  - Any Thoughts???
>
>TIA
>JoeSimcoe (and Grace)

Joe,

        Here's my thoughts (even though I am in the middle of my first flooorpan
job).

        1) Rust is forever
        2) Life must be adventurous
        2) Replace the floor pan yourself if:
           a) ALL 8 bolts (4+3+1) can be removed in one piece
           b) You don't mind getting scraped knuckles chiseling out the old
welds
           c) Have a friend to help weld the new pan in.
        3) If you have $500 to blow, send it to your local LBC shop

Jeff Nathanson
'71 TR6