74 1/2 TR-6 owners!!!!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 1/2 TR-6 owners!!!!
From: <ssutton@ban.CHINALAKE.NAVY.MIL> (Steve Sutton)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 13:42:40 PDT
Hello,

    I am trying to figure out the correct vacuum line connections for a 74
1/2 model TR-6, comission numbers from CF27001 thru CF35000.

   Specifically I am trying to determine if there are TWO vacuum lines
comming off the rear carb, which go into a 'tee' fitting then to the EGR
vavle via a 'flame-trap' or if there is only a SINGLE vacuum line comming
from the rear carb.

   It appears that the 1974 only models (CF12500 - CF26999) do indeed have
the two vacuum line setup, as attested to by several fokls who were kind
enough to check under ther bonnets.  The second vacuum line appears to attach
to a vavle assembly bolted to the outside of the carb just below the cold
start valve (where the choke cable attaches).  My carb does not have this nor
does it appear that anything is missing. This might be one of those
'infamous' undocumented changes that Triumph was noted for!

   So, would anyone out there with a 74 1/2 model please open their bonnet
and have a quick look.

Thanks!

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6