Silly TR6 related questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Silly TR6 related questions
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 10:27:15 -0700
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
Sorry for the "newbie-ness" of the following:

-does anyone have the phone number of TRF handy?

-has anyone had experience with a "upgraded throttle linkage" for TR6s?
I've heard someone (Moss?) has one.....I can't imagine it being worse
than the original...but is it that much better?

-and finally...a very silly question....I've set the timing with a light...
to 4 degrees and then advanced it as much as I dared....set the gap....
gapped the plugs....but the car doesn't seem to have the "oomph" that I
remember from TR's past....do you think a carb rebuild will help?  I cleaned
them out....the diaphrams are fine...and the dashpots have oil....just
wondering if I'm missing a rebuild of some critical piece.....

Cheers,
teej
--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA      USA     http://www.rahul.net/tjn
"He spent a lot of time on a barstool, and if you asked him what he was doing,