TR6 Rear End - UJ's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Rear End - UJ's
From: mike@ShoppersDrugMart.ca
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:55:00 -0400
Encoding: 559 Text
Finally got the u-joint out.  Wailed away at it with the sledgehammer for
and hour and it finally popped out.  Bearings in one of the caps were dry
and had been ground down to dust.  Always nice to know that kind of effort
is justified!  Now it's down to pulling the trailing arm bushings... two
are out thanks to the threaded rod method (a little heat was applied to
make the job easier) but 1/4" threaded rod has a tendency to snap under
stress.  Snapped 3 times, in fact, so I think I'll use 5/16 for the next
attempt ;-)

Mike Himelfarb.