TR Dashboard/Fascia

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR Dashboard/Fascia
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 11:28:50 -0400 (EDT)
Friends,
I am trying to restore my wooden dashboard panel with some difficulty.
It is coated with a rather thick layer of polyester resin (DPO or
original?) that is cracked and flaking off.  The upper layer of two layers
of mahogany veneer is chipping off in places with the polyester. So far I
have used a warm iron to help remove the looser flakes.  There has got
to be a better way.  If this continues I will loose alot more of the
veneer and I may be forced to spend $200+ on a new dashboard.  Any
suggestions are welcomed.  Also in case of the latter event, any
suggestions on the quality/originality of various suppliers of replacement
dashboards are needed.  Thanks in advance.
-Kevin
'67 TR4A (Not to be seen in Albany :-(
6.0 Linden Thruster (Getting too old for this)
6.6 Hot Buttered Thruster (Featherweight)
6.10 Channin New School Thruster (Really snaps!)
7.6 Channin Vintage Swallowtail (Hurricanes Only)
8.0 In The Eye Triple Stringer Trifin (Mushmeister)
P.S. Has anyone put surfboard racks on their ragtop Triumph?