TR-6 Diff. Mounts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Diff. Mounts
From: TTone007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 19:53:39 -0400
Greetings O' Faithful Ones,

Well I'm into it bigtime. Wrangled my muffler off, tussled  the differential
to the garage floor, and lo and behold the right front mount is cracked. And
worse yet the DPO had done a hack job of attepting to weld the crack. I have
the TRF boxing plates and the left side ones are almost in (after about 4
bottles of O2 for my annoying little MAPP gas Sears rinky dink welder). I
think I'm going to cross bolt the new TRF plates with 3/8 x 3.5" bolts thru
two of the four 1/2" holes in these plates for additional strength. Anyone
tried this?

Now I have to either attempt to weld the hacked up crack on the right side,
or as someone on this list suggested: make a 5 holed plate and simply thru
bolt to the bottom of this mess.  Will this leave my installed diff at a
slight angle?  Then more welding with my Bic lighter er... I mean Sears Mapp
gas rig. Maybe have to pull the mid exhaust pipes too as to gain clearance
for this welding on the right front mount. My arms feel like painful putty..
Oh  well, I'm off to Menards for more of those silly little O2 bottles!!

All Jacked up with nowhere to go!!

T Tone 007 (Mike Konopka)