Boo Hoo My overdrive don't work

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Boo Hoo My overdrive don't work
From: Dave Chu <dave@ECE.concordia.CA>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 1996 19:42:15 -0400
The overdrive in my 78 Spitfire has stopped working.  It was
giving me trouble before by not disengaging properly. Now it
has stopped working all together.  I have checked oil
level and  the electrical including the solenoid.  All is in
working order although I was supprised that the solenoid's plunger
only moves less than 1/4 inch full travel.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong.  Any help
will be appreciated.  I really want to solve this problem so I
can start the dual SU HS2 conversion on the car and start driving
it.