TR6 weekend

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 weekend
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 09:48:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Well Kelley's TR6 is still without a working brake servo....which makes driving
it near impossible.  I did manage to complete the rebuild of both Stromberg
carbs
over the weekend, and in a brief putt around the block noticed a big difference
in power.  Of course, that may just be due to the thorough cleaning they
received.
The rebuild kits don't really replace much more than a few o-rings and a gasket
or two....and the float needle valve.

On Sunday we drove over to the other side of the Bay to go to the Hayward
British
car and swap meet.  Actually not too bad a turnout, and I even met fellow lister
Jim Sudduth.

There were some nice cars there...a slew of B's....a REALLY nice Lotus Elite
Coupe....and some nice Healeys.  Only three or four TR6's though....but they
were all pretty nice.

Was able to pick up a good used tonneau cover for $25.  Which offset the pain
I felt when I saw the clutch disc and pressure plate for $60.  I just spent
$150 a week ago for the same items.   Sigh....

I'm hoping to get a rebuilt brake servo locally sometime this week, then I'll
move on to the next problem.

Regarding the Strombergs....I have an interesting situation.  Both the front
and rear carbs have fittings on TOP of the carbs for what I assume to be
vacuum advance hoses.  Now the distributor has one advance, and one retard
hose right?  The manual shows (actually Moss's catalogue) that one hose
(retard?) actually connects underneath one of the carbs.....

Any other 1970 year model owners able to help?  I'm wondering if DPO connected
both hoses to "advance" and nothing to retard.

Also, we have an original factory hardtop that Kelley would like to sell.  The
paint on it is pretty bad (its white) but there is no rust, the glass is good,
and it's dent-free.  Email me if interested.

Cheers,
teej
--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA      USA     http://www.rahul.net/tjn
"He spent a lot of time on a barstool, and if you asked him what he was doing,