TR8 prices and availability...

To: Triumph Cars list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8 prices and availability...
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 20:18:05 -0700
Cc: odd@triumphclub.se
The son of one of my friends is currently studying in North Carolina (I
think it was...) and he is considering what car to bring home. (We are
allowed to do that tax and regulations free if we have been abroad long
enough.)
He was thinking of bringing home his US spec VW Jetta!!!???
I think I got him rethinking that, thank God.
My suggestion was a TR8 convertible, this since they are impossible to
import to Sweden for emission control reasons. The _only_ way is as part
of a home moving or immigration.

Now to my question to You all:
1/   How much is a TR8 Convertible in a good condition?
2/   How rare are they in the US?

PS   There are currently two TR8s registrered in Sweden, so he would
     do our population a favour importing one more.

Answers to me directly please, dont bomb the entire list...
--

Odd Hedberg
 International liaison sec.   Club URL : http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/