Trans swap

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trans swap
From: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 03:54:10 -0700
Ok...here's our story so far....Got the O/D trans.....Got the short prop
shaft...Got the New u-joints....so I pull the old 4 speed.  I lay it down next
to the new O/D and.....The main shaft on the old trans has coarse splines, and
, you guessed it, the new O/D trans has fine splines.  I'd rather use the old
gear box, since I rebuilt it and the clutch only 7500 miles ago.  What I'm not
sure of is the compatability of swapping the old tail shaft with the new O/D
unit.  Two bolts look to be inside the O/D casing that show on old tail shaft.
What connections must be made under top plate?  Has anyone done this?  HELP??