'80 TR-7 convertible for sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '80 TR-7 convertible for sale
From: Jason Clark <gjclark@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 13:03:03 -0500 (CDT)
Hmm.  This didn't make it through the first time so I'll try again.

I have a 1980 Triumph TR-7 for sale.  It's the 30th Anniversary Edition
and has the luggage rack, fog lamps, and 30th Anniv. badge on the
glovebox.  It's white, with a black top and tan, 'Biscuit' interior,
except for the interior door trim which is not original and is black.
The top is a replacement Robbins top.  101k miles on the original engine,
which still runs strong due to religious oil changes and tunings by both
the previous owner and myself.  There's a little rust on the right front
wheel arch which can be easily repaired with a patch from TRF or VB.
There's a couple bulges in the paint at the bottom of the body, but no
perforation.  The car has never been driven in snow to my knowledge, and
I, personally, have only driven it in the rain once.  There is a very
minor ding in the drivers side door after which the PO affixed rubber
guards to the doors which look incredibly ugly but which I've been afraid
to remove for fear of damaging the paint.

It's an early '80 and has a TCT... VIN.  It has the 140mph speedo and
dual Zenith Stromberg carbs.

Plusses include new stainless steel exhaust installed last fall, new door
waist seal trim, new shocks installed this month, an extra pair of gas
shocks, a new pair of struts waiting to be installed, an extra
drivers-side seat (the current one has a small tear in the upholstery.  I
havent bothered to swap the seat because they're covered with cow
seatcovers right now anyway) new brake pads and an extra set of new
shoes, original spare, a couple extra tires, and a M/C rebuild kit.

For what it's worth, the car passed emissions easily last week.

Of all the cars I've owned, this one is easily my favorite.  I wouldn't
even think of parting with it except I'm getting a TR-8 and need room.

Asking $2700 obo.

Reply to gjclark@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu or call (312) 968-8108 and leave a message.

--
jason

--
jason

*   Jason Clark                                                           *
*   gjclark@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu / jclark@college.antioch.edu                  *
*   DOROTHY:  You're a very bad man!                                      *
*   WIZARD:   Oh, no, my dear!  I'm a very good man.                      *
*             I'm just a very bad wizard.                                 *
*   _The Wizard of Oz_                                                    *