EGR angst

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: EGR angst
From: JSQUIST@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 23:48:46 -0400
Cc: JSQUIST@aol.com
Hello to all!  While pulling off the pipe that goes between the EGR valve and
the
intake manifold on my '74 TR-6 I noticed it was totally carbon plugged; and
even
though I didnt remove it I assume the EGR valve is the same way.

Wonder if anyone knows the logic of the EGR valve on the particular car,
whether
it can/needs tob be replaced and if the small vacuum leads that crisscross
the
engine bayare there to merely support the EGR valve.  Logic if any concerning
anti-
pollution technology is far from my strong suit, and my technical manuals are
of little
help except to explain basic working order. and to state that BL recommended
the
EGR valve was to be cleaned every 12,000 miles......

Thanks for your help & patience since I'm relatively new at this with my
little Lucas
computer--------