RE: Spitfire Color

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spitfire Color
From: WATSON@wmich.edu
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 07:30:52 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Metwrench@aol.com
>The car is an 80, the color is Bright Yellow ( the latest edition of British
Victoria had the color on the cover) It looks like Banana yellow. It is
non-metallic, bright. I know this is not the original color , so this yellow
could be any year Triumph color ! HELP !!!!!

John, I just bought a touch-up can of Inca Yellow for my '78 Spit.  The color
number is 94.  I buy all my car paints at FinishMasters. It took a little
digging in some old paint books for them to find the number but it was a snap
to find it on their computer data base.  If you don't have a FinishMasters in
your area, I'm sure I can get all of the newer paint code numbers for you.

Warning! Don't be fooled by an old paint chip.  The one I saw at
FinishMasters looked like cat poop brown (you know, like the butterscotch
MGs).  Inca Yellow is VERY close to the cover of the TRF catalog.

Margaret Watson  "Chick Racer"