Spitfire Color Probl

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Color Probl
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- Transamer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 15:20:17 EDT

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

On Wed.,  John S. wrote

I'm 1 week away from painting my year long restoration of my 80
Spitfire. I only have one MAJOR problem. I have no idea of what
the code or name is of the color on the car. The body supply
store told me there are a couple colors of this lot to choose
from and I must be sure. The car is an 80, the color is Bright
Yellow ( the latest edition  of British Victoria had the color on
the cover) It looks like  Banana yellow. It is non-metallic,
bright. I know this is not the  original color , so this yellow
could be any year Triumph color ! Does anyone know what the name
or code of this Bright yellow is?

John, it could be Inca Yellow (Code 94/FAB)  or  Mimosa Yellow
(Code 64)  or possibly Jonquil Yellow (Code 14).  Those are the 3
brightest yellows in John Thomas' book.  Hope this helps.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery)