Markings on Tach was: Re: Overdirve Diff in a Mk3 Spit??

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Markings on Tach was: Re: Overdirve Diff in a Mk3 Spit??
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 10:20:15 -0400 "RE: Overdirve Diff in a Mk3 Spit??" (Jun 25, 10:03am)
OK, this stuff about the axle ratio brings up something that I
have been curious about for a loooong time.

On the bottom of my tach, along with the other stuff, is printed
3.55:1. This is on a '73 Spit 1500 with overdrive. Does anyone
know what it means? Is it just the internal ratio of the tach?

BTW, I know that the tach is original, as I have owned the car
since '75, and the PO didn't have time to screw up any of the
instruments. That's not to say that he wasn't a DPO in other ways.

Doug Mitchell