Re: TR-6 or Spitfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 or Spitfire
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 14:20:21 -0400
Fellow Motorheads,

I just couldn't resist adding my own Very Important opinion to this dis-
cussion of which car to buy.

My very first car was a (very used) '69 Spitfire which over 2 yrs taught
me much about cars in general...plus I even got invited to a girl's
high school prom in part because she thought it was a Corvette !!
It was great fun to drive, cheap on gas, and I'd get another one if I
didn't already have my current TR-250, which I'm very fond of for very
different reasons, and maybe age has something to do with it...the Spit
was best for me when I was 19, and now the 250 is best for me at 40...
since it runs and rides smoother, and doesn't sit quite so low to the
ground.  The bottom line is, which one do YOU like best ? It really
doesn't call for any justification.  You might also prefer '56 Hudsons.

Also, to `second' Tom and Mike, Drive 'em.  Trailer queens get only
fleeting, obligatory respect, such as that given to a motorcade of
expensive limousines.  They look impressive, but would you really want
one yourself ??  Think of all that potential beer money...

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio