Alternate Engines for Spitfire 1500

Subject: Alternate Engines for Spitfire 1500
From: "M. Schwemmle" <markus@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 13:48:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

here's one old email that my friend Ulix (Austin Healey Sprite) collected.
Unfortunately, it's only the second part. I think I might add a funny
aspect to the question about the engine conversion. For your information,
this 'converted' car was a Spitfire that now ran clean but slow and not
very far... :)
Is anyone interested? One thing is crystall clear to me: If you ever fill
your trunk with tons of batteries this doesn't help an already sagging
rear end...

Markus