Re: TR-6 glovebox

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 glovebox
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:52:13 +0100
Joe Merone writes:
>The glovebox on my '74 TR-6 was modified long ago to accept the fingerpull
>that was standard on earlier models only.  This worked fine for the first 12
>years of my ownership of the car.  Now that I've installed a new dashboard
>however the door does not open without one.  Is there supposed to be a spring
>included in the hinge mechanism to help push the door open or am I missing
>something here?  Any advice would be appreciated.

The spring on the lamp switch used to be enough to open my glovebox door,
but since I took the dash off and refinished it, that is no longer the
case. Like most things on these cars, a bit of hand fitting is in order.
Give it a try. BTW, my cover never had a finger pull.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951