Re: 1969 Spitfire dashpad,

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, CPXU24A@prodigy.com (MR STUART BOLLEN)
Subject: Re: 1969 Spitfire dashpad,
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 96 19:21:46 GMT
On 8/3/96 9:30AM, in message <199608031830.OAA12802@mime4.prodigy.com>, MR
STUART BOLLEN <CPXU24A@prodigy.com> wrote:

> Some time back I posted a note asking how my son can remove the top
> dashpad. He has undone the 6 nuts mounted on the pad's studs but says
> it won't budge. He feels the windshield rubber seal is stoppimg it
> and wants to know if it is necessary to remove the windshield frame.
> Since he's in LA and I'm in Delaware I can't be much help. Any
> comments welcomed as usual.
> He did say that the later Spits looked more accessible.

If I remember correctly, the front edge of the dash pad wraps over the top of
the metal mounting area.  So you have to kinda pull the front edge up and over
the metal edge (make any sense?).  The other thing to remember is that the
defroster must be removed since the trim part on top of the dash mounts through
the dash pad and the metal structure and finally through the defroster.

All in all the dash pad is just hard to pull out but once it lets go its no
problem.

Hope this helps,

Bill M.
'70 MKIII Spitfire