Re: Aluminum in TR4A head?

To: David Rupert <75701.242@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Aluminum in TR4A head?
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 16:47:56 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
David, you asked about aluminum pushrod tubes or not in your TR4A head.

I assume you have no worries.

I agree with TerriAnn, about early and late heads.

I have seen TR heads of mine where the pushrod tubes passed the rust test.
They did rust, so I knew they were not aluminum.

As I recall, the aluminum tubes will appear smaller in diameter, since they
used an expansion tool of some sort to fit them.  The steel tubes were
simply pressed in, I believe.

About 20 years ago, my fairly late TR4A's head's pushrod tubes disappeared
in a hot tank, even after my warnings to the machinist.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
67 TR4A 72418L and 3 other complete TRs

-