Tires on Spit/GT6 - "the dead horse" ;-)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires on Spit/GT6 - "the dead horse" ;-)
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 10:06:29 -0500
Sorry to beat on the dead horse again....but:

Yesterday I spent the day at Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing at Texas World
Speedway, where I had the great pleasure of watching several Triumphs in
action (TR6, TR3, and a Spit) - as well as a series of Super Seven's, Cooper
S, Elan's, etc....  However, what really caught my eye was a Spit from
Austin (not in the race) that had 175/80/13 tires on it - and the owner said
it made a terrific highway cruiser with those on it. Anybody else has
experience with XX/80/XX tires? The looked really good - especially since I
could still use stock 13 inch rims - and filled out the wheel-arches very well.

Thanks,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine)
....not responsible for any of these changes...
....the DPO did it....hmmmm.....