Re: Need a Cure for Bouncy Tach and Speedo

To: Carelallen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need a Cure for Bouncy Tach and Speedo
From: Robb Baugher <rbaugher@naplesnet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 00:16:40 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I don't know if these are typical problems, but I my speedo tends to
stick around 30mph once in a while.  I suspect that the squared ends are
becoming round in my case, but I'm going to try lubing it from the
instrument panel first.

My shop manual says "Do not use oil."  Instead you're supposed to
"sparingly grease" it after it's pulled out, feed it back in, rotate
slightly, pull it out about 8" and wipe off excess grease.  Re-insert
and close it up.

Apparently it's two pieces.  The inner-cable comes for the instrument
panel and the outer-cable comes up from the tranny.

For the tach, I'd start with the electrical connection at the ballast
resistor (on the engine next to the coil).  I'm just guessing, but
it seems the most likely place to cause a problem.

 Robb Baugher
 73' Stag
 Naples, FL, USA