Re: Stripped bolts in TR4A Rear

To: Keith Bennett <Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk>, Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stripped bolts in TR4A Rear
From: David Rupert <75701.242@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 23 Aug 96 09:28:40 EDT
Keith,

I used very similar bushes in my front suspension.  Mine came from British Frame
& Engine in California, BTW.  I liberally greased up the outside of the polypro
bush and the inside of the suspension arm.  Then I aligned the two in a vise and
tightened it down.  The bushing slid in with no problem.  Then I did the same
with the stainless steel insert.  I would recommend putting the steel part in
afterwards, so that the bushing can compress easier as you push it in.  Both
times it was very easy.

David Rupert
75701.242@compuserve.com
1967 TR4A (rigid axle)