TR4A Temp wiring question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A Temp wiring question
From: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com (Pat Leask)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 14:30:25 -0700
I have a 1966 TR4 A "IRS". The Temp. gauge does not work (Well, it works
when I wire it up directly to the batt.)

I do not have a wiring diagram. Could a kind sole out there please have a
look at there car or book and kinkly tell me what wire goes where ?

On my car the terminal side of the gauge that is on the drivers side is
Green with a blue strip and goes to the sender (single pole) unit

On the passenger side of the gauge, is a green with a black wire. This
appears to go to other gauges (All work). But from there ?????(I think this
is my problem)

There is also a black ( ground ) wire that attach's to the finger screw that
holds the gauge in place. Humm, just thinking now, is it possible that the
gauge is not grounded properly ???

Note: the needle climbs when I take the green with black stripe and touch it
to the positive side of the batt. So I know the gauge is not frozen.

Thanks, Pat