Choke cable question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Choke cable question
From: Robert Paterson <rpaterso@capital.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 13:57:09 -0400
I have a "relatively" simple question, which shows my "newness" to this
area, regarding choke cable attachment and tension.

My choke cable broke. I ordered a replacement and installed it. The
crimping of the cable to the part that fits into the knob came appart. I
am curious about the proper amount of resistance, or pressure, one must
exert to properly pull the choke. The cable seemed to slide easily until
I attached it and then was relatively stiff, taking some effort to
adjust the choke. Any comments?

Is there a good description of how far the protective spiral cable
should be past the lever holder clamp? How hard should the cable be to
adjust from the dash? How much change in RPM should you see when choke
is pulled? I'm not sure it was hooked up correctly when I got the car.

Thanks
Rob
--
Dr. Robert Paterson                  rpaterso@capital.edu
Director, Information Technology     voice 614-236-6451