Re[2]: Diff special tools

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Diff special tools
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 17:16:40 -0700
   Steve-

>>     That's good to know Barry.  I didn't consider being able to tap the
>     shims in place.  I assume that you sandwich the thinner shims between
>     the thicker ones and tap the shim pack in as a unit.  True ?
Yes since the shims will already be installed in one side - you need only
tap in the other.  Use the side with the thickest shims.  Of course this is
assuming you've already established gear mesh and backlash, .004-.006.  I
always try to get it as near to .004 as I can since it will wear towards the
larger dim.  Be prepared to spend at least a full day assembling, torquing,
shimming, dissambling, reshiming - etc.  This is not just a slam-dunk job.-

Have fun -BTDT (been there done that)
 Barry-

---->