Re: TR4 Compression ratio (still)

To: "INTERNET:Nickbk@aol.com" <Nickbk@aol.com>, Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Compression ratio (still)
From: David Rupert <75701.242@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Sep 96 12:28:01 EDT
Nick,

Don't worry, I'm still with you.  Even though I'm formally an electrical
engineer (horror!), I've always been a frustrated ME. ;-)

The gas speed issue is one of the reasons I stuck with the later TR4A head with
the 1 1/2" intake ports, rather than one with the 1 5/8" intakes.  I assume this
will help the low end as well? (rhetorical question)

I have also been convinced to stay with my HS6 SU's over the past couple days,
rather than go to the Webers.  Your posts along with several conversations with
other scions, et al, have showed me that this is the way to go.  Besides, I like
the idea more and more that the engine will look bone stock from the outside
(except for the header).  The Stealth TR4!  The Sleeper Triumph!  This is gonna
be fun.

I'm going to start out with the cam at zero degrees advance and see what the
power is like below 3000 rpm.  If things are sluggish, I'll go back in and
advance it.

Thanks for all the help, Nick, I really appreciate it.  In addition to saving me
about $1300,  you've helped me leapfrog along the development path.

David Rupert
75701.242@compuserve.com
1967 TR4A (rigid axle)
1980 TR7 convertible