TR6 windshield wiper play

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 windshield wiper play
From: Anne van Leeuwen <anne.van.leeuwen@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 06:32:12 -0500
The operating mechanism of the right windshield wiper
(located far most from the wiper motor) suffers from a lot of
wear. Depending on how I mount the wiper arm this results
either in rising of the wiper caused by wind forces as speed
increases, or in the right side of my windshield not being
wiped at all. I own a LHD TR6 from 1972.

Is there a simple way to correct this and how does one
access and/or remove the mechanism? Is the TR6 system
exchangeable with that of another car, e.g. mini cooper? That
would make a trip to a junkyard worthwhile.

Thanks for any help/clues!

Anne van Leeuwen.