Re: O.D. Woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O.D. Woes
From: Patrick McMullen <mcmullen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 1996 19:55:07 -0700
Thank You all for your suggestions.

I have throughly checked the operation of all the isolator switchs, the
column switch and the solinoid with a volt/ohm meter.  Both with power on
and power off.  Everything seems to work fine.  I removed the solinoid
and the movement is free.  The O rings are perfect.  But I did notice
that when I drained the fluid that not much came out.  I believe the
level was low.  First thing tomorrow I am going to remove the sump and
check the screen and all the filters as well as the "restricter valve".
I hope to have my answer by tomorrow afternoon North Carolina time.  I
will keep everyone posted.  You have all been more than helpfull and I
thank you very much.

One response stated that if the OD will not release and the electrics are
good, then it will be the restricter valve.  If it is blocked it will not
let the OD release even for a long period of time.  So I'm hoping it is
that or just the low fluid level.

Confidence is HIGH!!

Pat in NC