Re: TR6 brake light switch

To: sjensen@astral.magic.ca
Subject: Re: TR6 brake light switch
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 13:49:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

I'm a bit behind on the Triumphs list, but I wanted to throw in some advice.

The brake light switch is a mechanical switch located and acuated by the
brake pedal assembly. The PDWA (pressure differential warning
something-or-other) switch is wired to the "idiot light" brake warning
light on the dashboard. The PDWA has 4 brake lines attached to it.

A failure in one hydraulic circuit or the other activates the switch and
the light somes on.

If you have a PDWA equipped TR6 (I believe all TR6's have this feature) and
the the PDWA is leaking from the switch, it means the seals are gone.

How to fix the problem dempends on which switch you have. On some the
shuttle inside the switch is hex-shaped, I'm not sure about the others
except that they are not hex-shaped.

Folks on this list indicate that getting the correct seals for the
shuttle can be problematic.

The repair is to replace the seals or the PDWA. A PDWA is expensive.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own???