RE: Re: Alloy Wheels

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: Alloy Wheels
From: PiJay@t-online.de (Peter Juergens)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 96 09:49 +0100
Tom wrote:

<Hello Peter,
<
<I don't know what `Wolfrace' wheels look like, do they look like Pana-
<sports ?  A friend of mine has what I thought were Panasports on his Saab,
<but when I asked about them he said that they are Carroll Shelby wheels.
<Since your wheels have the Shelby name, I thought maybe they are the same.
<His are 8 spoke gold-color alloys, light weight, maybe mag-alum ?
<His are also 4-lug type, not knock-offs.
<
<Hope this might help.

<Tom Tweed
<TR-250
<SW Ohio

Hi Tom,

thanks your reply.
Yes, I thought about Carrol Shelby too.
The wheels are light- I lost 3kg each wheel compared to TR6´s 5 1/2" wheels
(unfortunately the new 205/65´s are much heavier than the old 165/15 I was
driving before) and they are 4-lug types (Oh I love those yanks! Why did no one
teach me, that lugs are damn wheelnuts?) ;-)  but they don´t have spokes.
They´re very "round dished" with 5 oval holes(4" * 2") around the center.
Is there any adress of Carrol Shelby´s firm in the nower days?

Again Thanks,
             Peter

P.S. OBTW an idea hit me:
On TV, there is a detective series running.
The series is from the early 80´s, german name: "Trio with 4 fists". The trio
consists of two tough guys and a climsy computerfreak and it is filmed in Cal.
One of them has got a(I guess) ´59 Corvette with that wheels on.
I wonder if that helps !

Peter Juergens
PiJay@t-online.de
Dortmund/Germany