Re: herald help

To: "Peter Utratny" <peter@nucmed.cmht.nwest.nhs.uk>, "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: herald help
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 96 09:01:28 -0800
Peter,

Sounds as if you really have some crossed wires.

The only way to fix this type of problem is to get yourself a meter and a
wiring diagram and have a go. Study the diagram for lighting circuts, the
Hearld has remarkably simple wiring. Only change one connection at a
time, and make notes of what you've done so you can undo it if need be.
The good news is once you fix this problem you'll be qualified to repair
most home appliances and store fixtures. But seriously there's not to
much to troubleshooting these things once you understand how to read the
wiring diagrams and work a VOM.

About Heralds, are there really only 30 coupes in England?? I've seen
pictures on the cover of Rimmer Bros. catalog, they sure look cool. I've
got 2 saloons and there's a convertible in town owned by a co-workers
babysitter. In any case they're pretty rare here too, I don't think many
people thought they were worth saving. Now if only the value would go
up!!!!
Good luck with your wiring, and until you get it fixed PLEASE carry a
fire extinguisher with you!!

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds