paint colour & boot cover

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: paint colour & boot cover
From: HealeyOn@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 19:39:11 -0400
I just purchased a TR 6 with paint code 17...my original Triumph book calls
it DAMSON....does anyone know the derivation of the colour or the derivation
of the  name of the colour?....I was able to scrounge up a tan coloured boot
cover for my top when it's down.....my seats & top are black....has anyone
had any experience with dye colouring that material?..Any help will be
appreciated.                                             Russ Mattson

                                                                           65
Corvair

                                                                           61
Austin Healey 3000 BT 7