Front sway bars (GT-6/Spit)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Front sway bars (GT-6/Spit)
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 96 09:00:23 EST
     Recent posts mentioned stiffening front sway bars for better rear end
     traction...which I have vague understanding about.  Would anyone care
     to elaborate on the use and selection of sway bars, front and rear,
     for the GT-6...including comments about bar diameter (I've just
     received a Moss 1" bar for one of my Mark IIs).

     I am setting up the frame and suspension on the Mark II (body removed)
     and have a negative camber rear spring, higher response front coils,
     and the 1" sway bar mentioned above.  Haven't decided on changing the
     upper mounts for the rear shocks from the fenders to brackets on the
     rear towers, but am interested in thoughts about rear sway bar and
     resulting changes in handling.

     The car is intended to be a tight street car...not an all out race
     edition (tho I am considering a PAECO stage 2 engine)...

     Would appreciate any ideas, knowledge about the above????

     Cheers!

     Pete MCQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6