TR2 front suspension question

To: "'jgillis@tcd.ie'" <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: TR2 front suspension question
From: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 12:13:56 -0700
Cc: "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Encoding: 53 TEXT
Have you greased the trunnion yet? If the threads are dry, then it might
be difficult or impossible to turn the trunnion by hand. This could be
aggravated under spring pressure, since the nice new upper rubber
bushings would tend to pull the trunnion upwards (resisting downwards
motion), while the spring is pushing the vertical link downwards.

Here is a total shot in the dark. Is it possible that the vertical link
has been damaged, perhaps by a collision? If it is slightly bent, this
could make the trunnion difficult to turn once the assembly is under
spring pressure.