Mity-vac

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mity-vac
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 14:16:12 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8435128401alinkens@farnborough>
Bill,
        You were explaining how to use the Mity-vac - it sounds really good.
I've used a bleed kit that relies on pressurising the brake sytem from the
master cylinder end to force the air out. Having said that, I seem to have
endless problems with it. I use silicon fluid (reuse the stuff that comes out
to save on cost) and recently I've found that the brake pedal seems fine after
bleeding ... until the test drive.. then I find that actually the brakes are
spongy and the pedal needs pumping twice to stop. I give up after about three
attempts through frustration and leave the car for a couple of days and it
seems to get better - but not rock solid as I'd expect. (This is not the
recommended procedure!!)
        It sounds like I could do with using a Mity-vac. How expensive are they
and are they available in the UK ??

thanks
Andy