Re: Darwin Awards, Urban legends, no LBC content

To: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@mailhost.scala.com>, "British-Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Darwin Awards, Urban legends, no LBC content
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 13:35:23 -0800

>       The Darwin Awards _are_ apparently real, though.  They've been used as
>the supposed source for several humorous/urban-legend stories like the above
>revently.  The real awards are apparently presented at the "Burning Man"
>get-together in the desert each year.  Search the web for "Burning Man" and
>you should find sites devoted to it.

They are real!!
For the previous 5 years I attended this freak fest in the desert with a
friend of mine (this year I have a new friend ;-)) I was actually witness
to one years winner, the guy who after buzzing the camp for a good 20
minutes crashed his plane on landing. Belive me, when we found out that
he (the pilot) was the only one hurt he got no sympathy from us.

Also, speaking of urban legends. You may have heard the one about the
Newlywed Game contestant who came up with the most unique place to make
"whoopee". It's true. She said it, they didn't edit it, and I saw it on
TV.
"It's gotta be the butt, Bob"

Darwin was right!!

John