Re: V-8 Herald PRO STREET

To: "Chad Jester" <triumph@igc.net>, "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: V-8 Herald PRO STREET
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 16:19:15 -0800
Chad,

You know what they say, "if you're gonna do it ya might as well do it
right"
Seriously though, these old 4 banger motors just don't seem to be much
for hot rodding. I've seen the photos of the "Climax Herald" in one of
those classic car mags.
I'd love to put something under the hood that would be roughly the same
size, but with maybe 110 HP or so. Don't know when I'll get around to
doing any engine swapping, if I do it at all. The reference to TR's was
just that maybe if I want a sports car I should just buy one. But, the
Herald has such distinctive lines, It would be a show stopper with a V-8
under the hood. BTW, does anybody know how much a 1296 weighs?

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds
Cupertino, CA USA