BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Cary_Trlica <catrlica@tx95_

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Cary_Trlica <catrlica@tx95_5.micro.honeywell.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 12:30:37 -0600
     From: Cary_Trlica <catrlica@tx95_5.micro.honeywell.com>
     Subject: RE: clutch on '79 Spitfire
     Date: Wed, 25 Sep 96 8:50:21 CDT

Hi,
        I'm a new owner of a 1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500, and a
        new subscriber to this mailing list.  Possibly there
        has been some discussion of this in the past; however, my
        issue relates to the clutch on the Spitfire.  The clutch
        will not disengage.  We have removed the gear-box and
        inspected the clutch and it checks out ok, put re-build
        kits in both the clutch master cyliner and slave cylinder.
        After re-assembly and bleeding the system, the only way we
        could get it to work was to add about 1/4" to the activating
        pin at the slave cylinder.  However, it only disengages at the
        very end of the clutch pedal travel.  There appears to be no
        method of adjusting the clutch pedal travel or free-play.  Is
        this common?  Is there something I'm missing?  What should I
        expect?  Any and all suggestions and help would be appreciated.

cary