TR-3 Steering What is it?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3 Steering What is it?
From: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 14:34:08 -0800
...OK so I'm happily working on the steering for the TR 3 frame off and
I've had this nagging question since I bought the thing a few years back.

The control head (horn button and turn signals assembly) is a replacement
from some other vehicle.  It fits fine, it's the right size etc. ...BUT
it's not from a TR 3.  My first clue on this is that the horn button has a
non Triumph 'insignia' on it and my question is.."Does anybody know what
this belongs to?"

The horn button is clear plastic with what looks like three elongated
diamonds (swords without handles?) in the centre, with smaller, regular
polygon type diamonds on the periphery...is this from a Standard Vanguard?
some other Standard Triumph product? a Vauxhaul or other LBC?...any
historians out there?

I'd also appreciate suggestions on whether I should : paint the thing
black, replace it with a 'repro' control head, leave it alone and stick
with a non Triumph thing in the middle of the steering wheel ( a nice
original by the way)

David J. R. Williams
TS 12287L
CF 18015