TR2/# Bonnet

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/# Bonnet
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 21:06:42 -0400
I've got a question for those of you who have TR2/3 models.

I recently picked up a bonnet from Rik Schlierer (thanks Rik!)
to replace the bonnet I got with my car.

My car is a small mouth TR3, commision #TS15559.

The bonnet I originally had was for a post TS60000 car and had the
raised hinge mounting points the books mention.

The bonnet that came off of my parts car was similar, except for the
raised hinge points. The pieces welded in for structure seem somewhat
different also. That car was a TR3A, #TS30702. That nonnet was ruined.

The bonnet that I got from Rik is considerably different; it has no lip
at the back end, and there are 2 metal plates welded into the rear
support member. All of this is original.

None of my books go into any detail on what chenges were made when to
the bonnet.

Can anyone ID the car that this bonnet is from?

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559