Re: Bleeding Brakes <24AADA30.1656@infores.com>

To: Warren.Allen@infores.com (Warren Allen)
Subject: Re: Bleeding Brakes <24AADA30.1656@infores.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:05:40 PDT
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Warren Allen said:
 >           A recent thread on the procedure for bleeding brakes brought
 >           back something that I think about every time I do this,

What I always think of is Peter D.B. Wimsey sayin' "That's not swearin',
Polly, it's an adjective of quality."

Warren.Allen@infores.com said:
>  the brake lines to the rear of the car  are on the RIGHT side, and a
> pipe goes from the master  cylinder across to the right side,

Maybe on your TR-3, but my TR-6 is the other way 'round.

> The point is, when bleeding brakes, I think  we need to look at the
> layout of the brake pipes and order  the wheels according the amount
> of pipe from the master cylinder, then bleed from longest to
> shortest.

I'll agree with this!  But I also suspect it's not critically important (as in
"your brakes will fail and you'll die if you get it wrong", more like "you
might have to bleed twice to get a firm pedal if yo do it wrong").

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center