BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Thorlin, Robert (AZ76)" <r

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Thorlin, Robert (AZ76)" <rthorlin@space.honeywell.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 13:04:35 -0600
     From: "Thorlin, Robert (AZ76)" <rthorlin@space.honeywell.com>
     Subject: Looking for a Spitfire in Arizona
     Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 09:53:00 -0400

Hello all,

My name is Mike Thorlin, and I live in Glendale, Arizona.  I'm
planning on purchasing a Spitfire between now and first of the year.
I was hoping that I might obtain some leads from readers of this list.
I've been doing a lot of research and have been following this list
closely to get an idea as to precisely what I'm getting myself
into. Nontheless, I'd like to get some input/recommendations from the
community.

I'm looking for something along these lines:

    - later model with notchback (Triumph treatment to rear end)
    - 1300/1500cc engine
    - OD is a _MAJOR_ plus
    - good mechanicals - no major work needed, but I have every intention of
      performing major improvements/rebuild down the road at my leisure
    - body/chassis straight - minimal dents/rust but paint does not matter
    - interior - drivable - restorable condition

With respect to mechanicals, I would like to use this car as a daily
driver as soon as is reasonably possible (I'm tired of the '79 VW
Rabbit diesel), so it must be mech sound.

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and, ideally, would like an Arizona car
if possible, but if I found something nice in the surrounding states that
might work as well.

Thanks,

Mike Thorlin
Systems Engineer