Re: mityvac in U.K. ?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mityvac in U.K. ?
From: "Eric Rupert" <eric@rpm.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:26:11 -0400
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 96 07:09:20 EDT
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>

> Completely agreed.  One of the real joys of a Spitfire (or any
> other *sports* car for that matter) is its agility and its ability
> to go around corners.  A V-8 Spit is almost certainly going to
> lose that appeal.  Now the rotary powered Spitfire project that
> GRM is undertaking might well be a different story....

> cheers,
> John Lye

I just picked up on this thread.  Who is GRM?  I would like to send him a
message as I have begun the preparations to convert the drivetrain in my
'66 MKII to a rotary.  Want to see how far he has gotten.  It seems like
the right way to go, a compact, high revving power plant with at least 2X
the HP of the 1147.   I am thinking of purchasing a "whole" RX-7 and taking
what I need then sending the remainder to a salvage yard versus buying the
stuff I need one part at a time from a salvage yard.  A running RX-7 can be
had on the east coast for under $1000.

Thanks

Eric Rupert
'66 MKII