Re: TR3/3A/4/4A Rear Oil Seal

To: Jeff Williamson <jaws@mich.com>
Subject: Re: TR3/3A/4/4A Rear Oil Seal
From: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 13:00:37 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>The rear seal comes in two halves, an upper and a lower

...both of which are aluminum and notoriously leak prone...

>My real question is this --- Is there supposed to be some type of
>sealing rubber on this seal? or is the oil supposed to be contained by
>the grooves? If there is supposed to be some sort of rubber seal, what
>is it and where can I find it?

Moss sells a conversion kit that allows you (with a minor machining of the
crank)  to convert to a lip seal that corrects the leakage
problem...usually...at that particular point....usual disclaimers etc...(
it's part # 837-005)

David J. R. Williams
TS 12287L
CF 18015