Based on your commission number, I would say you did not get O/D from the
factory. If you did, then your commission number should be cf56542U_O_, where
the O indicates the O/D. Mine does and I think all others do as well.
Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
From: Tom Di Iulio[SMTP:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 1996 7:57 AM
To: Triumph mailing list
Subject: the search is on....
my 1976 TR6 (cf56542, built may 1976) is not fitted with an overdrive
switch on the column. my question for the group is:
1. is my transmission different from an overdrive transmission? does it
have the same gearbox (5 speeds) but just not the switch to use it?
2. if it is a 5-speed, is there a way to mount an overdrive switch to
fully utilize the 5th gear?
3. weren't all tr6's from 76 fitted with overdrive as standard?
4. the commission number is followed by a "U", which indicates it is
for the american market.
5. does anybody else have a tr6 with a later commission number that does
not have the overdrive, and if so, have you mounted one since?
6. how can i get a 5th gear with my tranny?
i would appreciate any insights out there.....thanks.
tom 76 TR6
#cf 56542 U